Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chinese pinyin keyboard glitch in instagram

I only have this problem until several days after i installed the latest ios14.4.2, but not sure if it’s due to the software update.

i have chinese and english keyboard on my phone and it’s only in the instagram app that it glitches:

1. first letter of the pinyin won’t register
  2. if i have typed several chinese phrases and hit space to insert the phrases and want to continue typing in chinese pinyin again, then the keyboard would output in english letters and not chinese, but the keyboard is still in chinese mode

i have tried reinstalling instagram, restart my phone and reset my keyboard dictionary. Didnt work, please help

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 9:41 PM

If the problem you are talking about only happens with Instagram and not with Apple apps like Safari, Mail, Notes, Message, Pages, then only Instagram can fix it, it's their job to make sure their app uses Apple's keyboards correctly.

Similar questions

4 replies

Chinese pinyin keyboard glitch in instagram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.