Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It still not work with my Smart Keyboard

My Smart Keyboard doesn’t work when I connect with my iPad Pro. It appear this accessory. not support, but I use it almost one year no problem . How can I resolve this problem?

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:18 AM

The alert that you report is typically characteristic of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see. 

If the folio keyboard is faulty, whilst the Keyboard does not use Bluetooth, it is not inconceivable that a malfunction may affect other peripheral devices. I suggest that you remove the keyboard - and retest your Pencil.

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 5:18 AM in response to wadh

The alert that you report is typically characteristic of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see. 

If the folio keyboard is faulty, whilst the Keyboard does not use Bluetooth, it is not inconceivable that a malfunction may affect other peripheral devices. I suggest that you remove the keyboard - and retest your Pencil.

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard.

It still not work with my Smart Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.