Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Smart Keyboard is new, but it won’t connect with my iPad Pro

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 9:16 PM

I was able to connect the keyboard with my iPad Pro by going back to the manual instructions that came with the keyboard. I had to press an additional key along with the bluetooth key. It worked right away!

I am enjoying using the Smart Keyboard now. :-)

2 replies

Nov 11, 2021 12:29 PM in response to dax120

Hi dax120,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in Apple Support Communities! The Smart Keyboard is normally a great accessory to use with your iPad Pro, and we understand that yours isn't working for some reason. When you say the keyboard won't connect, is it not attaching to the iPad Pro, or is the keyboard not responding? Which iPad Pro and Smart Keyboard models do you have?

You're on the right track with If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio

Use your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard with your iPad can help us confirm that the Smart Keyboard is compatible with your iPad Pro.

Let us know what you find!

All the best.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.