You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Drop IMAP APPEND error

I am trying to contact a developer about a problem. In an email, they suggested attaching a screen recording to my reply. I made a 36 MB recording. When sending the mail, Mail Drop popped up a message suggesting I use it, which I did. A minute later I heard the "whoosh" but then the following message popped up:

The IMAP command "APPEND" (to Draft) failed ... exceeds the maximum allowed size.

I thought this was what Mail Drop was for?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 7:19 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2021 2:31 PM in response to Timothy Arends1

Hello Timothy Arends1,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you are having trouble sending a screen recording using Mail Drop. We know how useful Mail Drop can be, and we're happy to help you.

This article provides reasons that a file may not go through using Mail Drop: Mail Drop limits

If the things listed in this article do not apply to your current situation, are you able to send a Mail Drop attachment using a different platform, like an iOS device?

If you're able to send from an iOS device, try creating a new user account on your Mac to see if the file will send using Mail Drop. This will help you figure out if there is an issue in your specific user account system-wide. The link has additional steps you can try depending on the results.

Set up users, guests and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Mail Drop IMAP APPEND error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.