Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - MIDI Notes Cutoff In Playback

Hey, I'm experiencing an issue where the MIDI notes are cutting off in playback- I cannot figure out why, but I'm attaching a video showing what it looks/sounds like. https://youtu.be/6IwJhKvKeqE

I'm having this issue with several different sound libraries running in several different plugins. A lot of my libraries are running through Kontakt.

The computer I'm using is a 2018 Mac mini, 3.2 GHz 6-core processor, 64 GB of ram, OS 11.2.3, Logic version 10.6.1.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:

• Resetting Logic Pro's custom preferences
  • Restarting Computer
  • Updating OS
  • Updating Logic
  • Looking for Kontakt updates
  • Changing audio buffer size
  • Changing sample rate

If anyone has any idea what is happening here or why, please help!

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 10:28 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Apr 5, 2021 8:32 PM in response to itbrenny

Can you try working on a session but not in a template and let me know if that is clear?

Also, have you removed your Plist or preference list? I would say it is worth a shot.

Bear in mind, it will reset your settings in Preferences.

Re-setting the Logic Pro X plug-ins cache manually Print

1. Close Logic Pro X.
  2. Using macOS Finder go to “~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/” (without the quotes).
  3. Manually delete the com. apple. audiounits. cache file (to force a complete new plug-ins scan).
  4. Re-open Logic Pro X.
  5. Reboot the computer (mandatory).

Apr 1, 2021 10:59 AM in response to EddieGrey

Hey!

I checked the sustain pedal- I thought that could be an issue, but it's happening on tracks that there's no sustain automation, across several libraries. (spitfire, 8DIO, Native Instruments are the main one's I've noticed it with)

Also, it's happening in multiple different sessions. I can definitely start another new session though to test; should I use the same project template I use for all my projects or start with an empty session?

Apr 1, 2021 11:42 AM in response to EddieGrey

Eddie,

I started a new session, and one by one, added an instance of each of the libraries I was using in the session from the video. So far- no problems. What it's seeming like is that the issue isn't with the libraries I'm using but Logic itself? I haven't checked all the plugins I was using in the other session yet though, I'll go ahead and do that as well.

Is it possible that there's some kind of corruption in the project template I'm using? I use it for all my projects, which might explain why there's still issues when I start a new session (with the exception of the one I just did, which was from an empty session).

Apr 1, 2021 12:23 PM in response to EddieGrey

Thanks for your help! I'll set up a new template and see if I can pinpoint what setting/library/plugin that's part of the template is causing the issue. I haven't had any luck so far because my template has so many custom settings, preset bus routings, etc.

I did try importing all my session data into a new session rather than starting from an empty version of my template; that seems to be working fine so far.

Apr 5, 2021 12:26 PM in response to EddieGrey

Update on this: Made a new template. Started a new session to work from- didn't import anything from old projects. Worked fine for a few hours, but now I've started having the same problem again.

I've also noticed that every time this happens, when I try to quit Logic, the app freezes and I have to force quit. If I try to freeze tracks when I re-open the session, same thing; it stops working and I have to force quit.

I've tried this with sessions hosted on my internal hard drive as well as externals; makes no difference. Any other ideas on what might be causing this issue?

Logic Pro X - MIDI Notes Cutoff In Playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.