Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New M1 Mac Mini hard drive full of emails (over 350gb of emails)

I just got a new M1 mac Mini at my job, and just as I am getting used to the more streamlined machine, my hard drive says its completely full. I go check out the hard drive allocation and see that my entire hard drive is being overrun by my email account. I should not have 400 gb of emails, by the way. I think it might just be the fact that we migrated an old state of my computer to this new one and the old mail app glitched out, possibly... Maybe it's a compatibility issue with Big Sur. I do not know, but I do hope someone can help me answer this question, because my hard drive should be nice and fresh and empty right now.

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 8:21 PM

I figured it out. I had to delete my email account then set it up fresh to remove the duplicate emails that had been multiplying and filling my hd up. It works fine now and I have 400 gb of space now.

Similar questions

2 replies

New M1 Mac Mini hard drive full of emails (over 350gb of emails)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.