Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic won't sync with PC iTunes.

My Classic (silver) click iPod won't connect to Itunes. It just happened one day when I tried to transfer podcasts to it. It said it appeared that my iPod was corrupted. I tried to recover and that didn't work. All my content disappeared. Can it be repaired?

iPod Classic

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 4:41 PM

Lindabee63 wrote:

I got to Diagnostic Mode but when I hit menu to get the stats it came up
"error" on the screen.

The hard drive has probably failed. See If you see a red X icon on your iPod classic or iPod nano (5th generation or earlier) - Apple Support (archived copy). See iPod Service Pricing - Apple Support. You might want to shop around and/or consider an SD conversion kit to replace the failed drive.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 4:41 PM in response to Lindabee63

Lindabee63 wrote:

I got to Diagnostic Mode but when I hit menu to get the stats it came up
"error" on the screen.

The hard drive has probably failed. See If you see a red X icon on your iPod classic or iPod nano (5th generation or earlier) - Apple Support (archived copy). See iPod Service Pricing - Apple Support. You might want to shop around and/or consider an SD conversion kit to replace the failed drive.

tt2

iPod Classic won't sync with PC iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.