Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicked on a scam email!!

So about two days ago I was doing a bulk order of things via my PayPal. I got an email later that evening from ‘****@myhermes.co.uk’ saying they had my order and to click on a link. I clicked on the link (because I thought it was one of my deliveries) and I can not remember if I put any details in. I’ve now only just found out that this is a scam and that they’ve potentially hacked my phone and are tracking everything I type including passwords, names, addresses, etc. I’m freaking out really badly at the moment. It’s been a day or two!

What can I do?

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 2:02 PM

As suggested above, start here: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Start changing passwords everywhere, including passwords on mail accounts used for your password resets, and watch your billing statements and likely also notify your financial provider.

2 replies

Clicked on a scam email!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.