Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Speaker Button: How to Eliminate Choices? iOS 14.4.2

When I get a call on my iPhone 12 I click the Speaker button so I can leave my hands free to work (and I don't want the phone near my head). Instead of going straight to speaker it offers me a choice of Speaker OR my MacBook Pro. I don't want that option! How do I disable it?

I'm not running bluetooth on the phone. I've turned off General > Airplay & Handoff > Handoff. I turned off the Calls from iPhone preference checkbox in FaceTime Preferences.

Nothing seems to work. Argh. I just want the speaker button to be a speaker button WITHOUT choices. Possible?

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 11:17 AM

This did NOT solve my question. The toggle for Allow Calls on Other Devices is already OFF.

You wrote: "It sounds like you don't want to have the option to answer calls on your Mac from your iPhone."

That's not exactly it. I don't want the option for Speaker on my iPhone to transfer to the MacBook.

I ONLY want the SPEAKER to be SPEAKER with NO other available sources for audio output. JUST SPEAKER.

Again, look at my screenshot. See where it says, iPhone, then Speaker, and then MikeBookPro (2)? I don't want MikeBookPro (2) to appear. Just iPhone and SPEAKER.

And, again, the toggle for Allow Calls on Other Devices is already OFF but MikeBookPro (2) still appears as an option when I press Speaker. Note: Bluetooth is ALSO off.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 11:17 AM in response to mingoslkd

This did NOT solve my question. The toggle for Allow Calls on Other Devices is already OFF.

You wrote: "It sounds like you don't want to have the option to answer calls on your Mac from your iPhone."

That's not exactly it. I don't want the option for Speaker on my iPhone to transfer to the MacBook.

I ONLY want the SPEAKER to be SPEAKER with NO other available sources for audio output. JUST SPEAKER.

Again, look at my screenshot. See where it says, iPhone, then Speaker, and then MikeBookPro (2)? I don't want MikeBookPro (2) to appear. Just iPhone and SPEAKER.

And, again, the toggle for Allow Calls on Other Devices is already OFF but MikeBookPro (2) still appears as an option when I press Speaker. Note: Bluetooth is ALSO off.

Apr 3, 2021 8:28 AM in response to retrolent

Hello retrolent,

It sounds like you don't want to have the option to answer calls on your Mac from your iPhone.

Here's a resource that can help. Review Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch.

• You can turn the MacBook off in Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices. However, if you do want to answer calls on your Mac, you will need to turn this feature back on when desired.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Apr 5, 2021 5:00 AM in response to retrolent

retrolent,

Thanks for reaching back out and providing clarification. Make sure that you're using the latest iOS version. Currently the latest version is 14.4.2: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, if you haven't done so already Restart your iPhone.

Just to confirm, even though you're not using Bluetooth along with settings being turned off, does the Mac appear as an option when you're out of Bluetooth range from the Mac?

If the steps here don't resolve this issue, you may want to Contact Apple Support.

Have a great weekend.

iPhone Speaker Button: How to Eliminate Choices? iOS 14.4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.