Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Aid Charger not working

Hello,

I was gifted an iPad Air for Christmas and a couple of days ago my charger just stopped working. I have already tried the following:

1. cleaning out charging port
  2. making sure iOS was up to date
  3. connecting it to MacBook Pro (which did not work at, the iPad was never detected on my Mac)
  4. tried different outlets around my house, which also did nothing
  5. tried charging iPad with Mac USB C power chord, which is the only way I can charge the iPad at the moment.

I should also note that this is the original charging cable the iPad that came in the box, it has no tears anywhere (the cable pretty much looks new). At this point, I don't know if the problem is the cable, the power box or the iPad itself. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance !!

PS It might be the power box, as it seems the original iPad bo connected with the USB C cable from my Mac charges our Switch. Thanks again !!

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 2:26 PM

See >>> If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

iPad Aid Charger not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.