Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unhide group message

I have a group message with 4 of us. All are iPhones except 1 on Android. I often silence (“hide”) the group during the day, and unhide it at night. However, it no longer stays unhidden. No matter how many times I turn off “hide” it reverts back to hidden. I’ve downloaded the recent OS and restarted my phone, but it’s still hidden. Help me fix this! (I don’t want to delete the messages of this group so please have a different solution!)

thanks!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 10:44 AM

Hi Qkurk,

It sounds like you're having issues with hidden messages. If that's correct, you can try the following.

Return iPhone settings to their defaults

The section "Reset All Settings" may help.

Please note: "All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home Screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted." So you may need to set up preferences again after.

If you continue to have issues, you'll want to reach out to Apple directly.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 10:44 AM in response to Qkurk

Hi Qkurk,

It sounds like you're having issues with hidden messages. If that's correct, you can try the following.

Return iPhone settings to their defaults

The section "Reset All Settings" may help.

Please note: "All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home Screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted." So you may need to set up preferences again after.

If you continue to have issues, you'll want to reach out to Apple directly.

Cheers.

Unhide group message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.