Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone to Mac OS Catalina issue

Unable to utilize iPhone to Mac OS since updating to Catalina. Since this is an issue with Apple, why in haven't they come up with a way to repair or update the system?????? Does anyone know of how to make this issue work??

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:06 PM

The feature you’re referring to is likely Continuity, and Continuity works fine with supported Macs running Catalina:

macOS - Continuity - Apple

I use Continuity with a Mac running Catalina, and it works.

Do you have any add-on anti-malware, add-on anti-vortus, add-on VPN client apps, add-on cleaners, or such? Those can sometimes cause issues with various features including Continuity. If so, Safe Mode can sometimes help test that, as can removing those apps per the vendors’ instructions and re-testing,

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 5:06 PM in response to cmrrn

The feature you’re referring to is likely Continuity, and Continuity works fine with supported Macs running Catalina:

macOS - Continuity - Apple

I use Continuity with a Mac running Catalina, and it works.

Do you have any add-on anti-malware, add-on anti-vortus, add-on VPN client apps, add-on cleaners, or such? Those can sometimes cause issues with various features including Continuity. If so, Safe Mode can sometimes help test that, as can removing those apps per the vendors’ instructions and re-testing,

Apr 1, 2021 4:44 PM in response to cmrrn

What might the particular issue be that you’re encountering here, what have you tried, and what happened when you tried?

I make use of this configuration, as do many others, and it works for many of us.

So the question becomes what’s different in your particular Mac configuration or your particular iPhone configuration?

As a general guess, boot into Safe Mode—which disables various add-ons, and rebuilds caches—and try connecting your iPhone again.

Apr 1, 2021 4:58 PM in response to cmrrn

I have been talking with my son, he is a computer tech and is very familiar with a Mac. We just go off the phone from discussing this issue and have come to the decision that I really don't use the phone on the computer. That app allowed me to talk to someone via computer. I guess I'm not going to worry about it at this point. Thank you so much for responding to my issue as it is well appreciated.

iPhone to Mac OS Catalina issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.