You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What countries are/ are not supported with the Emergency SOS feature?

What countries are/ are not supported with the Emergency SOS feature? What happens if I dial "911" in a foreign country? Will I get routed to the correct emergency services?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 8:53 PM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2021 9:54 PM in response to Limnos

Thank you but this doesn't not answer my question(s):

1. Assume I am traveling internationally: What countries are/ are not supported with the Emergency SOS feature? Asked differently, does this feature work in every country? If not, which ones does it not work?
  2. Assume my volume button is broken but my dialer works: What happens if I dial "911" in a foreign country? Will I get routed to the correct emergency services?

Apr 1, 2021 10:43 PM in response to mfstaples

Apple does not provide a country list. I would imagine SOS is configured to work with any country that has a special number for emergency service. Here is a list of those:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emergency_telephone_numbers

I don't know if you actually dial an emergency number if your phone will re-route your home country's number to that of another country. In some countries your home country's emergency number might actually be part of the regular telephone number series. You wouldn't want to try to dial 911-xxxx in a country to get a hotel and have it automatically route to the emergency services. Again that is not documented and you may need to ask Apple.

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201232

Edit: This article : Make emergency calls on iPhone - Apple Support

says you can dial by tapping Emergency from the locked screen but you need to use the number for the country where you are located. It also describes various methods for using the SOS feature.

What countries are/ are not supported with the Emergency SOS feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.