Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connectivity

When I bought my iPad I was able to use my keyboard. When I download the iOS 14.2 I couldn’t use my keyboard anymore. It prompts using Bluetooth keyboard may affect wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Does this mean I can not use my keyboard anymore. Can you help me with this? Thanks

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 3:58 AM

The “may affect Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections” warning simply serves as a reminder that 2.4GHz WiFi Channels and Bluetooth occupy the same radio spectrum - and may cause mutual interference that potentially degrades performance of both. Seeing this warning does not imply that you cannot use your keyboard.

Whilst 2.4GHz WiFi and Bluetooth devices often coexist without issue, problems can occur. Using 5GHz WiFi channels, in preference to 2.4GHz, completely avoids potential interference to (or from) Bluetooth devices. As such, where you are able to do so, this approach is recommended.

Should you experience issues, these WiFi settings are recommended. If using 2.4GHz WiFi is unavoidable, you should avoid using “wide channels” (different Router manufacturers use various names for names to describe these options).

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points – Apple Support

As for difficulties with your Bluetooth keyboard, from your iPad settings “forget” the keyboard and re-pair.

https://www.imore.com/how-use-bluetooth-keyboard-iphone-and-ipad

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 3:58 AM in response to Key-board123ipad

The “may affect Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections” warning simply serves as a reminder that 2.4GHz WiFi Channels and Bluetooth occupy the same radio spectrum - and may cause mutual interference that potentially degrades performance of both. Seeing this warning does not imply that you cannot use your keyboard.

Whilst 2.4GHz WiFi and Bluetooth devices often coexist without issue, problems can occur. Using 5GHz WiFi channels, in preference to 2.4GHz, completely avoids potential interference to (or from) Bluetooth devices. As such, where you are able to do so, this approach is recommended.

Should you experience issues, these WiFi settings are recommended. If using 2.4GHz WiFi is unavoidable, you should avoid using “wide channels” (different Router manufacturers use various names for names to describe these options).

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points – Apple Support

As for difficulties with your Bluetooth keyboard, from your iPad settings “forget” the keyboard and re-pair.

https://www.imore.com/how-use-bluetooth-keyboard-iphone-and-ipad

Bluetooth connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.