Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer Driver

I have just updated to Big Sur and my Epson XP-320 no longer seems to work.

Is there a driver I can get to get it working again or is it time for a new printer?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:56 AM

Hi,

If there is a problem using the printer with USB, try a network connection.

In addition to the drivers downloads page for macOS Big Sur (link provided by Eau Rouge), you may want to have a look at the article About AirPrint - Apple Support. The Epson XP-320 is mentioned as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that it should be possible to use your printer without any drivers (via a Wi-Fi network connection). Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

Also, it is often a good idea to reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 7:56 AM in response to timmer14

Hi,

If there is a problem using the printer with USB, try a network connection.

In addition to the drivers downloads page for macOS Big Sur (link provided by Eau Rouge), you may want to have a look at the article About AirPrint - Apple Support. The Epson XP-320 is mentioned as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that it should be possible to use your printer without any drivers (via a Wi-Fi network connection). Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

Also, it is often a good idea to reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Printer Driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.