Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issues with 14.4.1 Green screen of death

After updating my iPhone 12 my screen will automatically turn green. I have to let it sit for a while until screen turns completely gray to try and force restart, it will not allow me to force restart while the screen is green. Let me add that I have not dropped or banged my phone on anything. This happened 3 times already. Is anyone else having issues like this?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 2:27 PM

It is more likely your screens digitizer is failing and that just happened at about the time you did an update. The update couldn't make a screen digitizer fail.

Regardless, you'll need to schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options. This is a hardware issue. You have a one year warranty on your phone. Apple will more than likely replace the phone under warranty.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 2:27 PM in response to Heidia93

It is more likely your screens digitizer is failing and that just happened at about the time you did an update. The update couldn't make a screen digitizer fail.

Regardless, you'll need to schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options. This is a hardware issue. You have a one year warranty on your phone. Apple will more than likely replace the phone under warranty.

issues with 14.4.1 Green screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.