Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have microsoft office apps. they stopped working after i updated to catalina. what to do?

My shrink wrap MS Office which was installed at factory when I bought my macbook air, has stopped working after MacOS was upgraded to Catalina. What to do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 3:12 PM

4 replies

Apr 3, 2021 10:32 AM in response to LoneRon

You probably have to bite the bullet at some point, since Microsoft has stopped supporting Office 2011 years ago.

So that means either upgrading to Office 365 sub or single purchase of Office. Or look at a different suite like Libre Office. Last one is free and pretty good with handling Office files. It's not perfect though, so you might want to toy around with it to see how well it handles your files.

I've went with an Office 365 sub years ago. So I can run Office on both my MacBook Air and my Windows 10 laptop. The 10 euro per month is the same that I would pay for the 1 tb OneDrive storage that comes with Office. So for me it's basically using Office for free :)

Do I use iCloud for storage? Well I do have an Apple One subscription so I do have 50 gb storage there. But that only gets used for my Mac's needs. My personal files are all on OneDrive :)

Good luck :)

I have microsoft office apps. they stopped working after i updated to catalina. what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.