Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weak bluetooth volume

I have an older MacBook pro, a new MacBook pro, and an iPhone 6s. The bluetooth max volume for connected speakers is very low on the older MacBook Pro, but is fine on the other two devices. Any idea why?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 3:45 PM

Thank you for your response. I actually wound up fixing is by resetting the Bluetooth on the older Mac...

Re-configure and reset

1. Press shift + Option/Alt at the same time as you click Bluetooth in menu bar.
  2. Click on Debug > Remove all devices.
  3. Open the menu again and click Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module.
  4. Now try and re-pair your Bluetooth devices

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 3:45 PM in response to faith185

Thank you for your response. I actually wound up fixing is by resetting the Bluetooth on the older Mac...

Re-configure and reset

1. Press shift + Option/Alt at the same time as you click Bluetooth in menu bar.
  2. Click on Debug > Remove all devices.
  3. Open the menu again and click Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module.
  4. Now try and re-pair your Bluetooth devices

Apr 3, 2021 2:20 PM in response to Korpics

Hi Korpics,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that when you use an external speaker with your MacBook Pro, the volume is lower than expected.

You've isolated this to your MacBook Pro to speaker connection which is great. Check your output settings for your speaker and adjust if needed. Check out Change the sound output settings on Mac.

Take care.

weak bluetooth volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.