Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unauthorized charges

how can i tell if a email for a charge is legit or not ? I got an email about an unauthorized charge for something i never purchased.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 5:14 PM

It is a phishing scam email. The sender is attempting to lead you to a fake website that will look official. The goal is to capture your Apple ID and password. Delete that email. More on Phishing and Scams below:

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 5:14 PM in response to Tkremer69

It is a phishing scam email. The sender is attempting to lead you to a fake website that will look official. The goal is to capture your Apple ID and password. Delete that email. More on Phishing and Scams below:

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

Unauthorized charges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.