Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft office 2011 product key in Second hard disk.

I have recently upgraded my Mac by installing a new SSD hard disk and placed my old HDD hard disk at the optical drive.

However, when I tried to open my MS office it asked for product key. I have already have the product key in my old disks plugged in the optical drive. Why does it still ask for a product key?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:20 PM

5 replies

Apr 5, 2021 1:01 AM in response to Chimppiddychimp

if I connect my old hard disk with the main SATA cable, i could excess to the MS Office,

but if I switch the old hard disk to connect with the 2nd SATA cable (supposed to be the optical drive) I can’t excess to MS office, they will ask for the product the product key.

may I ask what’s the difference of connecting the main SATA cable and connecting with the second SATA cable with supposed to be the optical drive?

Microsoft office 2011 product key in Second hard disk.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.