Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Visual voicemail doesn’t work

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 1:44 AM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2021 12:14 PM in response to carolfromclermont

Hello,

I am with you in seeking help from Apple. My carrier is Verizon and they actually said that since some phones have their own visual voicemail feature, to refer to their support. Hence, looking at Apple Support. But everyone says it’s a carrier specific feature!

Have you figured it out at all? Mine has been working for years and is now not. I tried restarting the phone, messing with Siri as one resource somewhere suggested...

~Thanks

May 5, 2021 12:38 PM in response to ATHahn

So, I had the Geek Squad look at it again; they finally did a full reset. No help. I went back to the carrier using another phone to make the call. I believe that's what helped. After going thru their usual gyrations, I was referred to another, higher-up, tech person. That fixed it. The tech person said to check it especially after the bill date, that maybe there's a connection in the feature gets deactivated on the bill date. He also said to call again if it happens again; they might need to do something else (in addition to).

I had been trying to call for help with only my phone; I truly believe it helped to call from another phone. I just don't usually have another phone around.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.