Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes store doesn't recognise your music library" error message

I keep getting an error message saying "Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes Store doesn't recognise your Music library" which is stopping from files I upload into Music from being added to my icloud music library and therefore not accessible on my devices.

The suggested fix is "Please choose File > Library > Turn Off Genius to turn off Genius, then turn it back on" but this is no longer an option in Apple Music menus.

I have tried signing out and in again, checking if there are any files that might be causing an issue - nothing changes.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 1:43 AM

Thank you managed to fix it. Doesn’t help that Apple Music’s error message instructs you to access a menu that doesn’t exist.

To fix I signed out completely and signed back in again. Took a while for the music library to sort itself out, and some old old playlists came back, but all good now.

3 replies

"Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes store doesn't recognise your music library" error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.