Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been receiving messages meant for my husband

Recently I have been receiving messages meant for my husband (he is also getting them) and he is getting mine. Also, when my sister calls on FaceTime, he gets the request as well. If he sends me a message, I don’t get a notification. How do we fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 7:26 AM

As long as you share an Apple ID this will happen, and there are other bad things that will happen also. You don’t share a toothbrush; you shouldn’t be sharing an Apple ID either.

One of you needs to go to Settings, tap your name at the top, scroll down and log out. Then create a new Apple ID. You can then enable selective sharing of purchases, music and selective content with Family Sharing→What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 7:26 AM in response to 95DIVIT

As long as you share an Apple ID this will happen, and there are other bad things that will happen also. You don’t share a toothbrush; you shouldn’t be sharing an Apple ID either.

One of you needs to go to Settings, tap your name at the top, scroll down and log out. Then create a new Apple ID. You can then enable selective sharing of purchases, music and selective content with Family Sharing→What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

I have been receiving messages meant for my husband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.