Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote volume

My Siri Apple TV remote volume button both controls the volume and acts like the menu button simultaneously. Has this happened to anybody else? So if I hit the minus volume button I will also begin scrolling down on the TV.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 8:06 PM

Neuschler Said:

"Apple TV remote volume: My Siri Apple TV remote volume button both controls the volume and acts like the menu button simultaneously[...]

———-

Two Thoughts:

A. Re-Pair the Remote:

Refer to the link provided above. You should unpair it, the re-pair the remove to the TV.

Or...

B. Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

This remote may be a Faulty Device. So, contact Apple Support and request a swap-out. Right now, there is Send-in Service. 

How it would work:

1. They’d: ship you a box
  2. You’d: ship it back
  3. They’d: look at it
  4. You’d: get a new one, if approved.
  • Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 8:06 PM in response to Neuschler

Neuschler Said:

"Apple TV remote volume: My Siri Apple TV remote volume button both controls the volume and acts like the menu button simultaneously[...]

———-

Two Thoughts:

A. Re-Pair the Remote:

Refer to the link provided above. You should unpair it, the re-pair the remove to the TV.

Or...

B. Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

This remote may be a Faulty Device. So, contact Apple Support and request a swap-out. Right now, there is Send-in Service. 

How it would work:

1. They’d: ship you a box
  2. You’d: ship it back
  3. They’d: look at it
  4. You’d: get a new one, if approved.
  • Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

Apple TV remote volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.