Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV Remote not working except for volume buttons.

Hi!

I found this old thread, but none of the answers solve my problem. Suddenly my Apple TV Siri remote doesn’t work. Only the volume buttons work. I’ve restarted the Apple TV box and re-paired but no success. Re-pairing also resulted in another problem: The menu option for controlling the tv is now greyed out (so I’ve had to dig up the tv remote :( )

I’ve tried everything instructed on Apple support pages, and what’s also mentioned in this older thread - but no luck in any way…

anyone with a good tip?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 8:16 PM

Hello MayBrittS, Thanks for reaching out to us for support. It's never fun when your Apple TV remote is not working as expected, and we are going to do everything we can to help you. When you have a free moment, please check out the link below for steps that can potentially help to resolve your issue, and if they are unsuccessful, please provide us with some specifics on what you’re seeing for more help.

If your Apple TV remote isn't working

Reconnect the Siri Remote to Apple TV

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 8:16 PM in response to Community User

Hello MayBrittS, Thanks for reaching out to us for support. It's never fun when your Apple TV remote is not working as expected, and we are going to do everything we can to help you. When you have a free moment, please check out the link below for steps that can potentially help to resolve your issue, and if they are unsuccessful, please provide us with some specifics on what you’re seeing for more help.

If your Apple TV remote isn't working

Reconnect the Siri Remote to Apple TV

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Jul 16, 2021 10:50 PM in response to sterling r

Hi!

Thanks very much for your quick reply!

I’m afraid I had already tried everything described in those pages with no success.

i eventually gave up and bought a new remote, which works perfectly - so I simply gave up on this non-functioning remote.

I couldn’t see how to close this thread/question in order to not waste anyone’s time. I apologise for that.

Best wishes

May

AppleTV Remote not working except for volume buttons.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.