Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple "Mail" Application crashes after sending few mails out

Hi my mail application crash every time I have sent few mails out.

I don't know what the issue is. I have deleted some files from library/preferences etc.

I do get this message when it's crashing:

Process:              Mail [1274]

Path:                 /System/Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail

Identifier:           com.apple.mail

Version:              14.0 (3654.60.0.2.21)

Build Info:           Mail_App-3654060000002021~2

Code Type:            X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:       ??? [1]

Responsible:          Mail [1274]

User ID:              501

Date/Time:            2021-03-10 10:54:02.013 +0100

OS Version:           macOS 11.2.3 (20D91)

Report Version:       12

Bridge OS Version:    5.2 (18P4347)

Anonymous UUID:       84936BC1-CD97-CEE7-B70D-300C5EA0264B

Sleep/Wake UUID:      C1F6DA23-BBCB-4CD2-BD5F-FC0D02F581CD

Time Awake Since Boot: 40000 seconds

Time Since Wake:      2600 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:       0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:       EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:      0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:       EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

dyld3 mode

_validateTableViewMessageListCountWithIdentifier:_handleMessageListContentProvider:0x6000573a0900 after type:1 incremental:1 reloadNeeded:0 countOfTableViewRows:9 countOfMessageListItems:10 firstType:1 lastType:1

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: '_validateTableViewMessageListCountWithIdentifier: countOfTableViewRows != countOfMessageListItems'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

abort() called...

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:18 AM

Some background

As a developer, one sees this error when a list of items does not match the expected count. This occurs when items are added or removed from a list and the list ends up not having the number of items it expects.

Potential Solution

Try changing the different settings in the View in Mail. For instance, use a column layout if not already doing doing, or removing column layout if you are using it. The goal is to change the way mail items are displayed in Mail. Eventually you may be able to get Mail stable. At this point, revert to your original view settings and test.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 8:18 AM in response to AznKid

Some background

As a developer, one sees this error when a list of items does not match the expected count. This occurs when items are added or removed from a list and the list ends up not having the number of items it expects.

Potential Solution

Try changing the different settings in the View in Mail. For instance, use a column layout if not already doing doing, or removing column layout if you are using it. The goal is to change the way mail items are displayed in Mail. Eventually you may be able to get Mail stable. At this point, revert to your original view settings and test.

Apr 5, 2021 6:39 AM in response to AznKid

Hello AZNKid,

It sounds like you are experiencing issues with your Mail application. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

First let's test your mail application in safe mode and a new user account using these articles:

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know if the same thing happens.

Can you also provide a few more details? Which macOS version are you currently using? When did you first notice this? Does this happen regardless of which account you send emails from? Also, which mail accounts are you currently using?

Cheers!

Apr 5, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph_S.

Thanks a lot!

The current macOS version I'm using is: Big Sur 11.2.3

It has been there for a while even before I had Big Sur, Catalina and Mojave. The issue have been there for a while and I tried many solutions like removing my mail account (gmail) and add it again.

It does happen regardless of which account I'm sending from. The application crash every time I send around 3-5 mails out.

Let me know if you need more information

Apple "Mail" Application crashes after sending few mails out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.