Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email address can never be reused?

When trying to update the email address associated with my account I made the mistake of creating a NEW apple ID with that email address. Once I realized my mistake I deleted the new account, waited for the official email saying the account was deleted, and then tried to use the email address. But it told me “The email address isn’t available. Choose a different email address.”. I received the delete email February 23rd of 2020 and I’ve been trying off and on over a year to get this to work.

I tried contacting chat support and finally phone support today and they told me that you can NEVER use an email address that was used for a deleted account. I was told that the only solution is to create another email address, that can’t be the only answer, is it?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 10:21 AM

zarnish786 wrote:

Hello
Can you please explain it clearly I am having the same question

Once you've used an email address as an Apple ID, it can't be used again for an Apple ID, even if the first Apple ID has been deleted.

Similar questions

22 replies

Apr 29, 2021 7:51 AM in response to zarnish786

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

Apr 4, 2021 7:23 AM in response to EGButler

If that is what support told you then you must assume it to be accurate. It also is in agreement with what I have seen others post on this forum over the years. An Apple ID provides access to purchases made with that ID. If somebody who was a different person from the first user should eventually be able to re-use an email address then they would have access to items they had no right to be able to access.

Apr 27, 2021 11:32 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Can you reply my one more question

I have deleted my apple id one year ago my that id was linked to (yahoo) email account now the problem is that my that email id was recycle and is now used by someone else

I just want to know that will that person be able to create an apple id on that email and will he able to have access to my data on that id that i have deleted?

Email address can never be reused?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.