Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade iPad mini 2 to iOS 9.3.5!

Hello, I have a question! Is it possible downgrade my iPad mini 2 to iOS 9.3.5

but I have tried downgrade to 10.3.3 by using LeetDown but I want go out to IOS 9.3.5 for make it even more faster and smoother! Is it possible? LeetDown only works for IOS 10.3.3 downgrade but not older version like IOS 9.3.5? Do you guys have a idea about that I can downgrade my iPad mini 2 to IOS 9.3.5?

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 11:24 AM

No. Downgrading is not possible nor supported by Apple, so ny methods like LeetDown cannot be discussed here. Most current Apps will require something greater than iOS 9 to run so, you would be unable to actually use your Apps on it.

If your iPad is slow, best thing to do, is to restore it to clear any crud that may be slowing it done.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2021 11:24 AM in response to Community User

No. Downgrading is not possible nor supported by Apple, so ny methods like LeetDown cannot be discussed here. Most current Apps will require something greater than iOS 9 to run so, you would be unable to actually use your Apps on it.

If your iPad is slow, best thing to do, is to restore it to clear any crud that may be slowing it done.

Apr 4, 2021 4:41 PM in response to Community User

You do not understand.

You downgrade your iPad, you will not be able to retain the third party apps you may already have on that iPad.

Virtually all third party app developers have abandoned all 8-10-year old iPad models running iOS 9/10.

Older iOS 9/10 compatible apps are few and far between, now.

Virtually all gone.

You may very well render that iPad useless.

There is one last thing you can try/attempt, if you need an older version of an app.

If you own much newer iOS device that can run either iOS 12 and.or iOS/iPadOS 13 and later, you can install the most recent app/s onto that more recent iOS device.

Then go back to your older iPad, open the iOS App Store, go to the Purchases section of the store app, search for the app/s you wish to try and download to that older iPad and see if an older version of the app is allowed to be downloaded/installed to that older iPad.

These newer iOS/iPadOS devices must use your same Apple ID user account and password as the older device you ard trying to get an older app for.

Failing that OR IF NO joy, then there is nothing more to be done.

What you are wishing to attempt is overall a very bad idea.

Apr 4, 2021 11:27 AM in response to Phil0124

Oh thank you for replying and helping! Then I know that it’s only possible downgrade the iPad mini 2 to iOS 10.3.3 but not iOS 9.3.5!

Apr 4, 2021 11:13 PM in response to MichelPM

But it’s okey, mine apps are still working on IOS 10.3.3 also IOS 12 is really slow on my iPad mini 2 and that why I’m planning to get a new iPad.

but thanks for helping me guys

Downgrade iPad mini 2 to iOS 9.3.5!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.