Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading from MacOS 10.13.6

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2015), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, running MacOS 10.13.6 High Siera. I need to upgrade to at least Mojave or preferably Catalina to be able to use some programs I need, but I can find no way to do this. Several sites including Apple Support say that you can do this from the App Store, but I find no macOS Mojave app or installer to download. The sites I have visited also say that my computer is in the age range where it is compatible with Mojave or Catalina, and I just cleaned the hard drive and reinstalled High Siera (only thing it wold let me instal) again so there is as much disk space as I will ever have. What am I missing or what did I so wrong?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 2:35 PM

Open in Safari: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 4, 2021 6:32 PM in response to locyrob

If you have older critical apps like Office 2011 or older, or older version expensive Adobe software, they will not work under Catalina or higher. Best to make sure that upgrading will not shut you out of needed apps.

Catalina require 64-bit apps. See: https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/ for a tool do see what is not compatible and whether compatible versions are available.

Upgrading from MacOS 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.