Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macos on old macbook air

Hi i have a late 2010 macbook air and am getting frustrated with things not working - i have yosemite - i have tried to download and install sierra and high sierra. sierra downloads, it is 5.1gb but says it needs 16mb space and then installs but no difference - i click the high sierra download - it launches app store but if you click download it says - "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

can i install high sierra and if so where can i get it from?

thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on May 23, 2021 11:55 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 23, 2021 2:49 PM in response to jonny_moo_re

To reiterate wahat Niel says...

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded…

macos on old macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.