Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I erased my MacBook from find my and it is locked now. The unlock code is not working. How do I get it ready for the trade in?

I erased my MacBook from another device through findmy and it’s locked now. The unlock code is not working . How do I get it ready to be sent back for the trade in?

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 3:24 PM

kinda240 Said:

"I erased my MacBook from another device through findmy and it’s locked now. The unlock code is not working . How do I get it ready to be sent back for the trade in?"

-------

Some Thoughts:

I. Entering the Password:

A. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

Sometimes changes(i.e. formats) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac. Perhaps the keyboard's settings for it keys are mingled. It might take upto three tries to reset both. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

B. Use An External Keyboard:

If using the builtin keyboard does not work properly for entering the password, then use an external keyboard so do so. It doesn't have to be Apple brand. You might need this adapter: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

II. Contact Apple Support:

If the above does not work, then contact Apple Support, to see where you can go from here. See if everything is all set from here.

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2021 3:24 PM in response to kinda240

kinda240 Said:

"I erased my MacBook from another device through findmy and it’s locked now. The unlock code is not working . How do I get it ready to be sent back for the trade in?"

-------

Some Thoughts:

I. Entering the Password:

A. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

Sometimes changes(i.e. formats) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac. Perhaps the keyboard's settings for it keys are mingled. It might take upto three tries to reset both. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

B. Use An External Keyboard:

If using the builtin keyboard does not work properly for entering the password, then use an external keyboard so do so. It doesn't have to be Apple brand. You might need this adapter: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

II. Contact Apple Support:

If the above does not work, then contact Apple Support, to see where you can go from here. See if everything is all set from here.

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

I erased my MacBook from find my and it is locked now. The unlock code is not working. How do I get it ready for the trade in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.