Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download Catalina / Mojave / High Sierra from the "How to get old versions of macOS" page.

Hi, I can't download Catalina / Mojave / High Sierra from the link provided in this article using Safari or chrome.

With Safari

• a new blank page is opened.

With Chrome

• a new page would pop up saying "This apps.apple.com page can’t be found.

Both browser doesn't open the App Store and doesn't download anything. However, I can download Sierra / El captain / Yosemite directly because these links provide the image directly instead of using App Store.

My current OS is Sierra. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 3:03 AM

The can not download Catalina / Mojave / High Sierra - what is the Age of this computer >> About this Mac. If the computer does not Qualify or any of these newer versions of macOS - it will not allow you to download them.

High Sierra Requirements

Mojave Requirements

Catalina Requirements

5 replies

Apr 6, 2021 7:31 AM in response to ProjectOrion

ProjectOrion wrote:

Hi P.Phillips,

My Mac model is MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012). So I think it is compatible with all of the 3 operating systems.

Yes if the provided Information is correct, as per Apple Requirements this machine does qualify for up to Catalina.

As per Apple Requirements If you're using one of these computers with OS X Mavericks or later, you can install macOS Catalina. Your Mac also needs at least 4GB of memory and 12.5GB of available storage space, or up to 18.5GB of storage space when upgrading from OS X Yosemite or earlier. Learn how to upgrade to macOS Catalina.

Apr 6, 2021 8:10 AM in response to ProjectOrion

So Sierra is presently installed on this computer and functional ?? !!

For good results - shutdown computer and disconnect ALL External Drives. Connect computer to Router via Ethernet Cable. If not possible and using Wifi - disconnect ALL Other devices using the Wifi - want the Max. Bandwidth Only for This computer. Restart computer in Safe Mode - SHIFT - Immediately at startup. It will do a repair Disk, clear cache files and Only load Apple Software and Fonts. It will load Slowly - Normal. It will also appear and function differently - Also Normal.

Use Only Safari here and in the links in next Page How to get old versions of macOS and choose the version desired to download. Safari will open a Redirect and Open Apple Store where you download the selected OS.

Special Notation: Starting in Catalina - It Does Not Support and Application / Extensions / Drivers that are Not 64 Bit. Anything 32 Bit will not work and there is no work around.

Cannot download Catalina / Mojave / High Sierra from the "How to get old versions of macOS" page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.