Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Updates

I can’t update my programs with my Apple ID,I changed password and Apple ID a lot of times but it didn’t help .

What I must do to update programs???

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 10:04 AM

Apps, purchased with one Apple ID, will require that you repurchase them if you use another Apple ID.

If you are still only using only one Apple ID (not sure based on what you posted), then the issue may be with the payment method you are using with this ID.

Ref: If you can't download or update apps, or if apps get stuck - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 10:04 AM in response to feruza273

Apps, purchased with one Apple ID, will require that you repurchase them if you use another Apple ID.

If you are still only using only one Apple ID (not sure based on what you posted), then the issue may be with the payment method you are using with this ID.

Ref: If you can't download or update apps, or if apps get stuck - Apple Support

Apr 5, 2021 10:06 AM in response to feruza273

Apps are permanently tied to the Apple ID that was used to download/install them.

If you changed your Apple ID, you need to sign out, restart your iphone, sign in with the old Apple ID and update the apps.

or

Use the old Apple ID, delete the apps, restart the iphone, sign in with the new Apple ID and redownload/reinstall those apps (but you might lose the apps related data/documents)

Regards

Giulio

App Store Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.