Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter not charging MacBook Air

I just got a new charger for my 2015 MacBook Air and all it comes up is that “Battery is not charging.” I tried the charger with another MacBook Air I had and it said that it would take 8 hours to finish charging. I had bought the 45W as it said that it would be compatible with the early 2015 model of MacBook Air, however it has not been charging at all. Is there a way I could fix this? If not, would I be able to return it and get a charger with higher Watts?

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 3:59 AM

Hi,

Resetting SMC could solve the issue.

If your Mac battery won’t charge - Apple Support

Also try to run Apple Diagnostics with connecting charger to your MacBook Air if it reports charger or battery error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter not charging MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.