Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning your phone has been hacked and 39 virus were found get rid of the virus within two minutes or your contacts will be deleted and then a link to and app

I just click on a link and this popped up and it had a link that led to an app about hackers and viruses. I am so confused has my phone really be hacked?

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 3:55 AM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2021 11:26 AM in response to Funwife39

Safari doesn’t block anything unless you enable restrictions. It blocks cross-site tracking if you enable that feature, meaning that if you click on a site selling men’s pants other sites selling men’s pants won’t know about it. That’s what cross-site tracking does. Scam pop-ups are just ads that appear on legitimate sites. Some sites are better than others at vetting their advertisers. But except for the very largest companies most web sites don’t manage their own ads; they contract with ad placement services, many of whom are not discriminating about whose ads they post, as long as the advertiser pays them.

While on the whole I don’t like Google ad placement services, they are pretty good at keeping the dreck off the sites that contract with them.

Warning your phone has been hacked and 39 virus were found get rid of the virus within two minutes or your contacts will be deleted and then a link to and app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.