Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i was searching some items on my iphone XR, a message popped up saying "your phone has been compromised" download this to remove virus, i touched the button. Have i been pfished?

Without thinking I touched the button to remove virus, is my iphone hacked or phished?

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 7:55 PM

what happened when you touched the button? Did it redirect you to another website or something?

If that's all it did, I wouldn't be worried about it. As long as you didn't enter any of your credentials..

One of the common things we see here is accounts being added to your calendar, where you'd start to see some spam.

No idea what iPhone you have or what iOS version you are running.. For iOS 14, you can check this by going to Settings > Calendar > Accounts and if you see an unexpected account, tap on it and delete it

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 7:55 PM in response to lucille239

what happened when you touched the button? Did it redirect you to another website or something?

If that's all it did, I wouldn't be worried about it. As long as you didn't enter any of your credentials..

One of the common things we see here is accounts being added to your calendar, where you'd start to see some spam.

No idea what iPhone you have or what iOS version you are running.. For iOS 14, you can check this by going to Settings > Calendar > Accounts and if you see an unexpected account, tap on it and delete it

i was searching some items on my iphone XR, a message popped up saying "your phone has been compromised" download this to remove virus, i touched the button. Have i been pfished?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.