Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad air 12.5.2 upgrade wifi issue

I have just upgrade my Ipad Air 1 to 12.5.2. The update has completed and now the device won't switch wifi or bluetooth on. Wifi is grey out and bluetooth is just a spinning wheel.

Anybody else had this issue?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 5:07 AM

5 replies

Apr 6, 2021 5:34 AM in response to _Chris99_

A forced-restart of your iPad may be beneficial - as this will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Apr 7, 2021 11:31 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for the additional link. Unfortunately, the option to even start wifi on the device is greyed out. I've reported this as a bug in 12.5.2, after all, I downloaded 12.5.2 over wifi, immediately ran the update and on reboot, the device either doesn't recognise or can't start/run the wifi chip in the device. Apple support suggested I have pay to have it fixed at a support centre, which to be honest, I thought was completely unreasonable. So, I tried a dfu mode restore but with the same result. I'm now hoping we'll get a 12.5.3 patch that will fix this.

So, my recommendation to anybody that is thinking of going to 12.5.2 with an older device like mine is to treat it with caution. It seems buggy, unless Apple really do think the way to address the cross site scripting issues is to disable access to the internet! :-)

May 5, 2021 6:14 AM in response to _Chris99_

Yea that's right. Caused by 12.5.2 on mostly 6.x devices. Apple support said had nothing more to offer than to suggest use wifi with open network ( no pwd on essid, which really isn't a solution).

Downgrading to lower OS they said not possible! So why they release update for devices they can't test on and won't support?? Who knows when new OS will come?

ipad air 12.5.2 upgrade wifi issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.