Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FB’s messenger app, notification tone

I’m new to iPhones. Why is there no ability to change the notification tone please ? Thank you.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 8:59 AM

Messenger is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Messenger Help Center | Facebook

6 replies

Apr 6, 2021 2:18 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

Are you sure it is Facebook? I went through all of my notifications and the only apps I found that allow changing the sound are some (but not all) from Apple and all 3rd party apps only had the issue of off and on.

Some apps allow you to change the sound from within the app. One I was able to find on looking quickly was Fantasical. It has many alert options. I also just double-checked GroupMe, a group messaging app I used to use. It allows you to choose different sounds. Also, lots of options.

FB’s messenger app, notification tone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.