Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noise While playing music on Youtube or Spotify.

So I was watching a video on YouTube and suddenly a noise started to come out of my newly bought MacBook Air m1. This is my first Mac I ever bought so i panicked and restarted my Mac. This happened again after 2 days while I was listening to music on Spotify. Should I replace it or what. The sound was a ting ting sound that gets pretty loud but the music still plays. If it occurs again I will attach a video recording of it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 9:12 AM

Hi m_musa15,

From what we understand, and unexpected sound appears, while watching videos in YouTube and Spotify. If the Mac hasn't been restarted, do so by following the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac Restarting resolves many issues. Also, make sure the macOS software is up-to-date: Keep your Mac up to date

If issue continues, we recommend checking to see if it is a notification for an app, etc. If the notifications aren't the cause, test in safe mode. Starting up your Mac in safe mode can help you determine whether issues you’re experiencing are caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up. For information on booting into safe mode, click here: How to use safe mode on your Mac Follow the steps in the article according to the outcome.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 9:12 AM in response to m_musa15

Hi m_musa15,

From what we understand, and unexpected sound appears, while watching videos in YouTube and Spotify. If the Mac hasn't been restarted, do so by following the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac Restarting resolves many issues. Also, make sure the macOS software is up-to-date: Keep your Mac up to date

If issue continues, we recommend checking to see if it is a notification for an app, etc. If the notifications aren't the cause, test in safe mode. Starting up your Mac in safe mode can help you determine whether issues you’re experiencing are caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up. For information on booting into safe mode, click here: How to use safe mode on your Mac Follow the steps in the article according to the outcome.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Noise While playing music on Youtube or Spotify.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.