Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noise on 16’ Macbook speaker

I’m using MacBook pro 16 , 2019.

From the first time i using logic pro X on my Mac, there is odd noise everytime i play music. This noise appears randomly and disappears without any intervention.

Once this problem occurs, i can hear the noise on system sound , youtube and other apps in addition to logic pro x

If i use external audio device like earphone, this noise disappears right away

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cUetWeq0JNrnYEcienbrn7sdK-byf_Xm/view?usp=drivesdk

Here is the link of the problem.

Is there any MacBook user who has same problem?

What is the solution of this problem?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 6:44 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Mar 3, 2020 3:43 PM in response to 예찬144

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Mar 23, 2020 12:33 PM in response to 예찬144

I now know how to reproduce this issue.

I thought the noise/pulsating pops were gone from my computer and tested sometimes: opened Logic, created a simple project with one software instrument and played it. No issues. Then I decided to check the buffer size (Preferences>Audio). It was set to 128. I changed it to 256 and clicked apply changes. When I played the software instrument the sound problems were back again! So this is probably a buffer issue on the sound card that drives the speakers.

Apr 2, 2020 5:34 PM in response to 예찬144

Yeah, I don't think new laptop will solve the issue. It's likely a software bug that will have to be fixed, and then everyone will benefit. I've been working with a tier 2 support person @ Apple for a few weeks now. My next appointment is this Saturday. I'm feeling good that we'll get some resolution on this. It may take a while to get the fix out, but I'm hopeful. If there are any significant findings I'll post them to the threads on these forums.

Noise on 16’ Macbook speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.