Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic - updating information about audio unit plug-ins

I downloaded the 90-day demo for Logic Pro. Every time I open Logic, Logic initiates "Updating information about audio unit plugins".

The problem is that I've installed demos for many plugins. So I get popup after popup saying, "Can't identify license for __ plugin" (these plugins are all expired demos). To close each of these popups takes 30 minutes.

I don't care about these demo plugins working. I just want to be able to use Logic's other features.

My Question: Is there any way to get Logic to not try to use certain plugins when Logic initiates?

You might be wondering why I don't just trash expired demo plugins. That's actually a separate issue. I don't know where they're saved and they're probably in many folders. So any guidance on that would be helpful as well (is there a way to identify from within Logic where expired demos are located and maybe even to delete those demos)? Additionally, there are expired demo plugins that I thought I did trash, which Logic is still trying to validate for some reason.

So again, the primary goal is to get Logic to not try to use certain plugins.

Thank you very much for any support.

Edit:

Figured something out right after posting. Many of the plugins were from Soundtoys. I had downloaded demos for the whole Soundtoys suite and they all expired. I just figured out how to uninstall those, which helps things enormously. Logic initiating is only taking a few minutes now (still delayed by popups for other demo plugins I don't want). So this was a fortunate discovery. But I remain very interested in answers to the questions though. Thank you again.

Another Edit:

And I may have just found the solution for that first question. In the plugin manager there's a button to "Disable Failed Audio Units". Will press that now and hope it works out

Edit:

Nope, that's not solving it.

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 11:49 AM

Hi there,

Be sure to remove all incompatible plugins from the two component folders:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

I highly recommend, after you delete plug-ins from the Components folder, to delete your plug-in caches so LOGIC can re-start the scanning process from scratch.

Re-setting the Logic Pro X plug-ins cache manually Print

1. Close Logic Pro X.
  2. Using macOS Finder go to “~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/” (without the quotes).
  3. Manually delete the com. apple. audiounits. cache file (to force a complete new plug-ins scan).
  4. Re-open Logic Pro X.
  5. Reboot the computer (mandatory).

Hope this helps and solves your query,

Eddie G.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 11:49 AM in response to asflnf_sflk

Hi there,

Be sure to remove all incompatible plugins from the two component folders:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

I highly recommend, after you delete plug-ins from the Components folder, to delete your plug-in caches so LOGIC can re-start the scanning process from scratch.

Re-setting the Logic Pro X plug-ins cache manually Print

1. Close Logic Pro X.
  2. Using macOS Finder go to “~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/” (without the quotes).
  3. Manually delete the com. apple. audiounits. cache file (to force a complete new plug-ins scan).
  4. Re-open Logic Pro X.
  5. Reboot the computer (mandatory).

Hope this helps and solves your query,

Eddie G.

Logic - updating information about audio unit plug-ins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.