Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro max image retention

So my less than a month old phone has a image retention issue.. its visible in dark mode .. the image of the home screen apps , the clock on the lock screen and the calculator image stays on the screen for 2-3 seconds then it fades away .. is it normal , is anybody else facing this issue ? i visited the apple store yesterday they run the diagnostic test on the device and found no issues with the screen, they advised me to restore the device once again and try if the issue is still there. should i ask for a replacement or continue to use this device, will it get worse in future ?

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 12:01 PM

About the Super Retina display and Super Retina XDR display on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you look at an OLED display off-angle, you might notice slight shifts in color and hue. This is a characteristic of OLED and is normal behavior. With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include “image persistence” or “burn-in,” where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This can occur in more extreme cases such as when the same high contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 12:01 PM in response to Umang Gupta

About the Super Retina display and Super Retina XDR display on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you look at an OLED display off-angle, you might notice slight shifts in color and hue. This is a characteristic of OLED and is normal behavior. With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include “image persistence” or “burn-in,” where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This can occur in more extreme cases such as when the same high contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time.

iPhone 12 pro max image retention

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.