Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i log out of Family Sharing on my iphone 11?

i signed up for family sharing many years ago using my old compromised apple id and my son's apple id at the time. He switched to an android and a couple years ago and just came back to using ios device. we created a new id for him because we couldn't remember the old one and he wanted one more suiting for him now that he is older and not a little boy anymore. I also wanted to set up family sharing with him again since i have been using iphones with new apple id since 2010. i have bought a lot of ringtones, games, movies, and have apple music to share, but through all these years and upgrades, when i set up my current apple id up on the phones it apparently also logs me into the old family sharing account as well. i can't leave the group as it was my son and i only, and it won't allow me to delete the account or remove him as he is still under age. So it basically is this loop that i am stuck it and it won't let me out. my icloud and app store are using my current apple id and they all work fine. Please Help me if you know how to fix this annoying loop that i seem to be caught in. I tried to call apple support and the wait time was too long to sit on hold and with covid its hard to get into an apple store, and of course my cell phone carrier tech. support didn't know how to fix it either. I have spent the last 3 weeks working on researching and trying everything i found to get out and start a new family share account to no prevail.

Thanks,

-Frustrated used to think i was pretty tech savvy, Mom

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 6:01 PM

Some people have been able to delete extra accounts using the steps in the articles below.

Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.

How to delete your Apple ID account.         

Apple ID – How to Delete.        

Delete Apple ID (new).         

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support      

If you can delete his account, you can invite the new ID to join Family Sharing. Or you can disband the family and set up a new one.

Family Sharing - Leave.    

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 6:01 PM in response to hot_mama0816

Some people have been able to delete extra accounts using the steps in the articles below.

Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.

How to delete your Apple ID account.         

Apple ID – How to Delete.        

Delete Apple ID (new).         

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support      

If you can delete his account, you can invite the new ID to join Family Sharing. Or you can disband the family and set up a new one.

Family Sharing - Leave.    

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

How do i log out of Family Sharing on my iphone 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.