Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud music library playlists can only contain songs from your cloud music library

Why am I getting this error message when I try to add a song I’ve downloaded from google drive to a playlist? I imported the song into Apple Music library from my downloads file on my Mac, but I can’t add it to a playlist. Ultimately, I am trying to play it on my Sonos system

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 11:33 PM

Hi,

You need to check the iCloud status of the new tracks. Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support.

Jim

2 replies

Apr 6, 2021 11:08 PM in response to lucille155

Hey there! Good question!

Just curious where, (or if), the song was purchased from? Or even if imported. I’ve seen similar behavior due to copyright infringement, DRM etc. Same when I did try just playing a transferred song. I’m not too sure on how Apple Music works from that standpoint, but it sounds like something similar. Good luck!

Cloud music library playlists can only contain songs from your cloud music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.