Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete imessages from only my iPad?

Can I delete and stop receiving iMessages on only my iPad, but keep them on my iPhone and MacBook? I don’t have enough storage space on my iPad.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 7:30 PM

If your messages are configured to use iCloud Messages, deleting the message in one place will delete the message everywhere on your devices. (Deleting your copy will not delete the recipient’s copy, though.)

Not sure? See the setting Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Messages

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you’re not using iCloud Messages, enabling that can potentially save you some space on your device as the attachments are kept in iCloud.

If you are not using iCloud Messages and don’t want to enable that, then you should be able to delete messages locally and not effect your other copies. Try a few tests of other test messages locally first though, before you commit to deleting an important message,

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 7:30 PM in response to tarap06

If your messages are configured to use iCloud Messages, deleting the message in one place will delete the message everywhere on your devices. (Deleting your copy will not delete the recipient’s copy, though.)

Not sure? See the setting Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Messages

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you’re not using iCloud Messages, enabling that can potentially save you some space on your device as the attachments are kept in iCloud.

If you are not using iCloud Messages and don’t want to enable that, then you should be able to delete messages locally and not effect your other copies. Try a few tests of other test messages locally first though, before you commit to deleting an important message,

Can I delete imessages from only my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.