Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autoplay disappeared in Apple Music

So post updating to iOS 14.4.2 I have noticed that the autoplay feature in Apple Music has stopped working for me. The infinity ♾ logo too disappeared from my up next section. Only shuffle and repeat is present now. Anybody else noticed this ? Did apple kill this feature ?

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 8:54 AM

Hello mate

I had the same issue and I think I’ve found the solution. I also tried restarting my device and tapped the repeat track symbol, but to no success did the autoplay symbol reappear.

So I then quit Apple Music and reopened it, chose a completely different album and genre and was prompt with this message “After this plays, do you want to keep playing or clear the music you previously queued?”

I click clear and start a new album or track, click the ‘playing next’ button and bam the auto play button should have reappeared! If not quit the app again and that should do it.

I don’t know why it disappears in the first place, but I believe perhaps it’s to do with a change in music bugs the system some how. So clear your queued next tracks by choosing a different track or album.

hope that works for you all!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 8:54 AM in response to Retnakar125

Hello mate

I had the same issue and I think I’ve found the solution. I also tried restarting my device and tapped the repeat track symbol, but to no success did the autoplay symbol reappear.

So I then quit Apple Music and reopened it, chose a completely different album and genre and was prompt with this message “After this plays, do you want to keep playing or clear the music you previously queued?”

I click clear and start a new album or track, click the ‘playing next’ button and bam the auto play button should have reappeared! If not quit the app again and that should do it.

I don’t know why it disappears in the first place, but I believe perhaps it’s to do with a change in music bugs the system some how. So clear your queued next tracks by choosing a different track or album.

hope that works for you all!

Jul 21, 2021 6:31 PM in response to Retnakar125

I had this issue too. To resolve it, I restarted the app and played an Apple recommendation in the Listen Now section (because they usually have endless play automatically in my experience). The endless play showed up int hat playlist without any dialogue showing up as others have mentioned. Then when I switched to a personal playlist I had the option back.

Jul 3, 2021 12:09 PM in response to rmjaln

Hello mate,

Sorry to hear that! It’s most frustrating. I believe everyone is experiencing the same problem and finding a different solution works for them.

**Really Apple need to look into this persisting issue and iron out the bugs.**

Have you tried all the steps prior to my suggestion? As I tried all the other suggestions first. This may have had a positive effect.

I found it’s very important to quit the app and restart your device.

Also what device are you experiencing the issue on?

Perhaps you could try opening your Apple Music App on another device / including investigating the issue via the Apple Music online web link - ‘https://music.apple.com’ - and seeing if you can tackle the problem that way.

It may try to open the app. So either use a non Apple device or delete the app temporarily - also deleting the app and reinstalling it, could resolve the issue??

Keep us posted here. I’m almost certain you can figure it out mate. Try different things and see if any work :)

All the best!

Apr 8, 2021 5:41 AM in response to Retnakar125

Hello Retnakar125,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you have a question about playing music in the Music app, and we'd like to help.

Good news, the infinity symbol for Autoplay is still a feature with the Music app. Have you restarted your iPhone since noticing you're not seeing it? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unexpected issues.

Restart your iPhone 

Select a song to play from a playlist to test.

Queue up your music on iPhone has info about the Autoplay feature.

Take care!

Autoplay disappeared in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.