Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos not uploading

my photos are not uploading onto the imac although I can see them on my phone and on the icloud - they did up until the 22 march but have now stopped. the status saying uploading but its sat like that for ages.

have tried turning on and off the upload on preferences and of course re-starting the computer....

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 3:55 AM

Turning on and off the upload will have restarted a full sync of the whole library. This can take a long time (days, or even weeks for a large lirbrary)

For reference, my fairly small 5000 image, 50GB library took 48 hours. You'll need to leave your mac on connected to power, 24/7 until it completes. During that time it is ususal for progress indication not to move much for long periods.

Other things to check - do you have plenty of free space in iCloud and on your mac, and are there any items in your library which can't upload which may be stalling the process. Use the smart album below to check.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 3:55 AM in response to hcowie

Turning on and off the upload will have restarted a full sync of the whole library. This can take a long time (days, or even weeks for a large lirbrary)

For reference, my fairly small 5000 image, 50GB library took 48 hours. You'll need to leave your mac on connected to power, 24/7 until it completes. During that time it is ususal for progress indication not to move much for long periods.

Other things to check - do you have plenty of free space in iCloud and on your mac, and are there any items in your library which can't upload which may be stalling the process. Use the smart album below to check.

photos not uploading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.