Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11 camera isn’t focusing at times or blurry ar botyom

iPhone 11 going blurry not focusing on photos

tried cleaning the lens

taking the screen protector off etc

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 4:22 AM

Adjust the camera’s focus and exposure

Before you take a photo, the iPhone camera automatically sets the focus and exposure, and face detection balances the exposure across many faces. If you want to manually adjust the focus and exposure, do the following:

1. Tap the screen to show the automatic focus area and exposure setting.
  2. Tap where you want to move the focus area.
  3. Next to the focus area, drag  up or down to adjust the exposure.
  4. To lock your manual focus and exposure settings for upcoming shots, touch and hold the focus area until you see AE/AF Lock; tap the screen to unlock settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 4:22 AM in response to carshed123

Adjust the camera’s focus and exposure

Before you take a photo, the iPhone camera automatically sets the focus and exposure, and face detection balances the exposure across many faces. If you want to manually adjust the focus and exposure, do the following:

1. Tap the screen to show the automatic focus area and exposure setting.
  2. Tap where you want to move the focus area.
  3. Next to the focus area, drag  up or down to adjust the exposure.
  4. To lock your manual focus and exposure settings for upcoming shots, touch and hold the focus area until you see AE/AF Lock; tap the screen to unlock settings.

Apr 15, 2021 4:35 PM in response to SravanKrA

I’m having same issue with my 11. It just started out of nowhere . Blurry pics can’t focus at all. I’ve restarted phone , even reset factory settings .. nothing . I did the latest iOS update ... nothing . APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS ! I just upgraded from a 7+ to the 11 in Jan & just not about a week ago started this issue . No damage to phone just one day *camera sucks*. HELP

My iPhone 11 camera isn’t focusing at times or blurry ar botyom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.