Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blur camera

After updating my iPhone 12 to ios16 camera not focusing the images coming totally blur I tried everything ex, restart, wipe up but still same issue please resolve (ASAP) Thank you

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 9:57 PM

TAHIRPasha Said:

"Blur camera: After updating my iPhone 12 to ios16 camera not focusing the images coming totally blur I tried everything ex, restart, wipe up but still same issue please resolve (ASAP) Thank you "

-------

Troubleshooting a blurry iSight Camera:

What to Try:

A. Try This - Disable then Enable Camera:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Enter: Keycode
  5. Tap: Allowed Apps
  6. Tap: Camera (So it is Green-Colored)

B. Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Are you Using a Case?

Make sure that the back camera is not covered(somewhat) - For note: the microphone part is located between the lens and the flash. So, make sure all is not covered.

D. Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

E. Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all stated after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 9:57 PM in response to TAHIRPasha

TAHIRPasha Said:

"Blur camera: After updating my iPhone 12 to ios16 camera not focusing the images coming totally blur I tried everything ex, restart, wipe up but still same issue please resolve (ASAP) Thank you "

-------

Troubleshooting a blurry iSight Camera:

What to Try:

A. Try This - Disable then Enable Camera:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Enter: Keycode
  5. Tap: Allowed Apps
  6. Tap: Camera (So it is Green-Colored)

B. Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Are you Using a Case?

Make sure that the back camera is not covered(somewhat) - For note: the microphone part is located between the lens and the flash. So, make sure all is not covered.

D. Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

E. Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all stated after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Sep 19, 2022 2:24 PM in response to TAHIRPasha

TAHIRPasha Said:

"Blur camera: My iPhone12 is a noise coming while I am using the camera and blurry image coming not focusing also

———-

Get this Serviced:

Seems you have a faulty or damaged iSight camera on your iPhone. So, get this replaced from Apple or an AASP or a retailer.

Get an iPhone iSight camera from one of the following three locations. Getting it elsewhere, you might end up getting an non-genuine camera.

A. Contact Apple Support:

If purchased from Apple, or covered under AppleCare, then get this serviced by Apple.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Or..

B. Contact an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the camera

Or...

C. Contact A Retailer:

Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace these.

Sep 19, 2022 2:25 PM in response to TAHIRPasha

TAHIRPasha Said:

"Blur camera: My iPhone12 is a noise coming while I am using the camera and blurry image coming not focusing also

———-

About this Sound:

If it is making a noise how would you describe it? “Squeal”, “Vibration” ,“Boing”, or something else. Posting a video on YouTube and then replying with its URL may help you get the answer you need.

Blur camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.