Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (2019) HDMI External Monitor Not Detecting/Recognised/Connecting

Hi,

Back in January. I was able to connect my monitor via HDMI Adaptor to my MacBook Pro 2019 13" with no issues. It also had been connected too many different monitors, as before lock down I used my MacBook Pro to DJ and it would connect to monitors at an event with no issues.

I've just recently tried to connect again but it now doesn't work. The monitor states no signal when I try connecting & my MacBook doesn't detect my monitor. The 'Arrangement' tab no longer appears in display options.

I've tested the Monitor, HDMI cable & Adapter & all are working.

I've tried connecting in safe mode but still no detection.

I have also tried Tab/Option for the 'Detect Display' button to appear within >System Preferences >Display but nothing is detected.

If there has been any guidance online to fix this. I've tried it with no positive result.

When will a fix for this bug be released as I will need to be able to connect to monitors via HDMI in the near future for work?

Any advice or feed back would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:58 AM

If you have Tried the SMC Reset and performed this 3x in a row - Disregard

Similar questions

7 replies

MacBook Pro (2019) HDMI External Monitor Not Detecting/Recognised/Connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.